Before you hear what I have to say, I would take it to heart that graphics
acceleration has never been an extremely high priority on my end.
I've got two machines with an 810 video card and four with an 815(I believe is
basically the same).  When I first installed mandrake, the first thing I wanted
to do was play tux racer.  It was horrible.  Choppy.  I couldn't make it past
the first level because I couldnt see what was coming next.  However, when I
rebooted, it was fine.  It was the same with all my intel boards.  Why?  I
don't know.  Logic?  Somebody who knows more about it than me might know.
jim
Quoting Ant 'DS Boulton' Erickson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> g'day,
>       Mandrake 8 happily picked up my i810 onboard video, one thing however,
is
> that
> i think the gl support or 3d support isn't too snappy, and so i looked
> into it at intel's site (bless their hearts =P)
> and they had an X version for d/l that would support the i810 "better",
> and so forth.
> i d/l the file, also d/l a rpm that contained the intel agpgart module,
> and some instructions (linux_release.pdf)
> i believe (a search of "i810 linux" at support.intel.com will get you
> there). anyhoo, after following the instructions
> it says to recompile the agpgart rpm, but whenever i type rpm
> --recompile i810etcetc.rpm it just spits
> out the rpm parameters.
> if anyone has ANY ideas, i would be muchly muchly obliged.
> basically, i just want my X server to pick up my graphics so i can have
> a hope at possibly having a game of
> Q3 or CounterStrike or something with decent acceleration.
> cheers to all,
>               ant

Ignorance is underrated