From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Greg Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 2:01 AM
To: Linux-Newbie
Subject: [newbie] Hard-Drive Problems after using Linux

I'm not sure if I just have really bad luck when it comes to harddrives, but it seems that every time I install any flavor of *nix on a drive that was formerly Winblows, I can't turn around and reinstall windows on the drive again without it not working or being awfully unstable. I'm not sure why this happens, it's a pity my 20gb drive no longer wants to work. I even went as far as to go back in the installer on Redhat, get in the fdisk, and create a new empty dos partition table, saved it, then rebooted, fdisk'd off a boot floppy, created a primary partition, rebooted, formatted it, then tried the installer. It didn't make it past the system checker thing at the beginning of the installer, gave some weird errors about the drive. Anyway, anyone else having this problem?