I think (well, I hope) it'll only be a matter of time before they begin
shipping more GNU/Linux systems than Windos ones. It'll take a while before
PC's for Kids is used to GNU/Linux and the open source philosophy. They
cannot distribute a Windos PC without a certificate, and these would be in
short supply. They already give StarOffice, which is available for GNU/Linux
as well. Hopefully children will become aware about the technical and
usability edge that GNU/Linux offers and they will opt for that instead.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson