Hello.  I am trying to stup/enable a DHCP client on my linux machine.  I am
running LM8.0 right now.
I have a book about setting up an internet server for linux, but all the
examples are based off of RH6.2  I could install that, but I would prefer to
stay w/ LM8.0.  (I have read the debate on ipchains/tables and deffinatly
like the way iptables sound.)

Now, the book shows the following examples of ipmasq, and DHCP, which is all
well and good...if I were using the CDrom from the book.  Can anyone tell me
where the DCHP and ipmasq files are located (by default) on LM8, and the
commands to initialize them?  If they're the same as RH, then I should be
able to get it w/out an example.  I could play around w/ them to figure it
out, but cannot find the DCHP files or ipmasq ones.

The book's example of installing the DCHP rpm file is this:

# rpm -i /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/dhcp-2.ob1pl6-6.i386.rpm [enter]

When I installed Linux-mandrake, I selected the option that was for
firewall/router, so I'm pretty sure the DHCP client is already install.  If
it is not, where should I start looking?

-Thanks for all your help, folx.  It has been a great asset.

-Matt