Linus Drouhard wrote:

> [...]
> > >            CPU0
> > >   0:     288781          XT-PIC  timer
> > >   1:       4523          XT-PIC  keyboard
> > >   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
> > >   5:          0          XT-PIC  soundblaster
> > >   9:       5973          XT-PIC  usb-ohci, eth0
> > >  12:     216728          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
> > >  14:      20301          XT-PIC  ide0
> > >  15:        498          XT-PIC  ide1
> > > NMI:          0
> > > ERR:          0
> > >
> > > and 'cat /proc/dma' to check for IRQ and

> > > and here's what I get there.
> > >
> > >  1: SoundBlaster8
> > >  4: cascade
> > >  5: SoundBlaster16

> > sb                      7136   1
> > sb_lib                 33120   0  [sb]
> > uart401                 6224   0  [sb_lib]
> > sound                  54256   1  [sb_lib uart401]
> > soundcore               3504   5  [sb_lib sound]
> >
> > means the drivers are loaded and
> > 5:          0          XT-PIC  soundblaster
> > means it's using IRQ 5 and the 0 means the driver hasn't
> > received an interrupt yet.
> >
> > What happens when you try 'play some_wave_file.wav' ?
>
> I don't have a *.wav file on my computer.  I'd track one down and try it,
> but, I'm tired.  If you think that would really help, I'll try it.  In the
> meantime, here's the answers to the rest of your questions.
> >
> > To be complete, what (sound relevant) entries does
> > 'cat /proc/ioports' show?
>
> 0000-001f : dma1
> 0020-003f : pic1
> 0040-005f : timer
> 0060-006f : keyboard
> 0080-008f : dma page reg
> 00a0-00bf : pic2
> 00c0-00df : dma2
> 00f0-00ff : fpu
> 0170-0177 : ide1
> 01f0-01f7 : ide0
> 0213-0213 : isapnp read
> 0220-022f : soundblaster
> 02f8-02ff : serial(auto)
> 0330-0333 : MPU-401 UART
> 0376-0376 : ide1
> 03c0-03df : vesafb
> 03f6-03f6 : ide0
> 03f8-03ff : serial(auto)
> 0a79-0a79 : isapnp write
> 0cf8-0cff : PCI conf1
> 5c20-5c3f : Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi] M7101 PMU
> d400-d40f : Acer Laboratories Inc. [ALi] M5229 IDE
>   d400-d407 : ide0
>   d408-d40f : ide1
> d800-d81f : Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8029(AS)
>   d800-d81f : ne2k-pci
>

> > To be more complete <grin> what's in your
> > /etc/modules.conf file?
>
> pre-install pcmcia_core CARDMGR_OPTS=-f /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start
> alias usb-interface usb-ohci
> alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
> alias eth0 ne2k-pci
> alias sound-slot-0 sb
> options sound dmabuf=1
> alias synth0 opl3
> options opl3 io=0x388
> options sb isapnp=1
>

> > Last question, is your card ISA plug and play?
>
> Yes, unless that quit working.  I have made sure the Plug & Play OS in the

Yes, but that's for PCI.

> I don't know if this is a clue, but my printer has gotten real slow.  5 or 6
> minutes per page.  It slowed down when I started trying to figure out the
> soundcard.  I must've messed something up.  Also, StarOffice is very slow to
> load.  Everything else seems ok.  ????

How about this: make a backup of /etc/modules.conf to be sure,
then edit /etc/modules.conf to:

pre-install pcmcia_core CARDMGR_OPTS=-f /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start
alias usb-interface usb-ohci
alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
alias eth0 ne2k-pci
# alias sound-slot-0 sb
# options sound dmabuf=1
# alias synth0 opl3
# options opl3 io=0x388
# options sb isapnp=1

If you then reboot the sound stuff should be gone from the system.

> Thanks for all your help.

No problem :) I also sent this to the list, maybe someone has an idea,
or can correct me.

    -Frans

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com