What are the best tools out there for system monitoring?  I'm pretty new
to linux, now that I have my basic hardware/software working as I'd like
adn implemented some security, I'd like to start taking a look at my
logs, what my system is doing, what Bastille has to say, any output my
system might give me of broken system calls, etc.  Where are these
files, generally, and what are the best tools (mandrake included and
not) with which to view them.  Any good sites on sys administration
would be really cool too.

Thanks.

- Paul Rodríguez