On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:37:16 -0400
Gonzalix le Druide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> insightfully noted:

GD> Ah, OK, I understand.
GD>
GD> But in my case, I am in troubles because a little debt (some USD 60 or
GD> so)
GD> with the cable ISP here, impossible to pay for the bureaucracy, makes
GD> impossible my cable connection... kinda Kafka problem...
GD>
GD> :~[
GD>
GD> So, please, somebody who remembers these dial-in connections, help me
GD> to quit
GD> Windoze :-))
================================
Hi Gonzalix,
        I am a dial-up user (yup..., still many of us her in the US).  I use
kppp, even though I don't actually use the KDE environment (Blackbox for
me).  kppp is very easy to set up and rock solid in my experience (YMMV).
You'll probably need to edit /etc/resolv.conf with information provided by
you ISP.  Add the lines:

search <your isp>       [mine says:  search i-2000.com ]
nameserver <dns#>
nameserver <dns#>       [your isp should provide you with two dns #'s]

typically those are the only three lines you'll *need* in
/etc/resolve.conf

HTH,
Mike

--
"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-- Kaiser Wilhelm