Hello All,
  Here is my situation: ;)

Im Installing 8.0 on a Dell OptiPlex GXi with the onboard NIC disabled and
(2) 3com 3c509 PCI NIC's
specs for this model can be viewed here:
http://support.dell.com/

Durring Install autoprobe detects and lists both NIC's for me, however when
I click "ok" I get the following error.

failed to get modules /lib/modules.cz-2.2.14-BOOT10: read only file system
at /usr/bin/perl-install/modules.pm line 558, <F> line 5384

failed to get modules /lib/modules.cz-2.2.14-BOOT10: read only file system
at /usr/bin/perl-install/modules.pm line 558, <F> line 5384

So I click 'OK' again and I get :
an error occured
no network card found.

and then I get stuck in that loop and can't procced any farther in the
install.

I looked in /lib and I don't even see a modules.cz-2.2.14-BOOT10 !

The only thing that I can think that I am doing wrong is I am useing a 7.0
boot floppy because I don't have a 8.0 boot floppy!

Both of the NIC's were pulled from a system running 7.0 so I know they work.

Has anyone ever seen this problem?
This is only the second time I have tried to install linux, and Im lost for
ideas on how to procced.
Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

Ryan Pogge