im running LM 8.0 and am trying to set up ftp access. I got my "real" users
directories working ok, but cant get general anonymous ftp access working
right. when i type in ftp://ftp.domain.com i get a page filled with alot of
dirctories that shouldnt be accessed! i set the "anonymous" root directory to
/var/ftp/pub (its an empty directory), but for some reason its not using it.

one other problem, my suexec is giving me problems with regards to cgi
scripts. it was suggested i rename it and restart apache and it may solve my
problem, but it didnt help. My error log always gives me these two errors:
"file or directory doesnt exist" and "premature end of script headers". the
directory and files do exist, and my .conf files has the paths listed. i have
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/  /var/www/cgi-bin/
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

im sure its a problem with "privleges" but not sure how to correct it.

thanks for any help/ideas, Dave

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com