Adrian:

I'll let others sing the hymns of praise about the obvious superiority
of Mandrake over other distributions, and just point out one big
advantage of Mandrake that isn't often mentioned in the reviews: Support
-- between this mail list, the Mandrake Forum, the online tutorials and
MandrakeUser.org, you can usually find an answer in a short time.

Here's a short (and incomplete) list of recommendations that will make
the transition easier:
1. Buy one of the boxed sets for your first install. The extra CD's and
the manuals are very useful.
2. Check your hardware against the compatibility lists. Based on the
postings here, the major troublemakers are winmodems, sound cards and
video cards.
3. Before you pop the Mandrake CD in the drive, be sure that you have a
valid Windows boot disk, and that you have an adequate backup of your
Windows data files. Sometimes stuff happens.
4. You mention that you've used Mandrake before. Any chance on getting
some help from that source?
Good luck,
Carroll

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com