I'm a new Linux-mandrake user (just installed 8.0), but I'm having trouble
getting it to boot up.  Whenever I start it up, I get a "LI" on the screen
(as though it started to say LILO or something) where it used to say things
like "Starting Win...".  The computer just stops right there.

I've tried installing three times, and it's the same every time.  Once I did
an expert install, during which I chose to create a bootup floppy.  The
floppy works fine -- I can boot Linux up and get everything to work.  Is
there some way to restore the hard drive boot sector or something?

Here's my computer specs:
Asus Socket7 motherboard with Cyrix 333Mhz chip
24MB RAM (with 1MB stolen for on-board video)
420MB HD (used for Linux install)
384MB HD (hopefully be able to use for extra data)

Thanks for any help anyone might have!

Jeremy