Well, I'm back with more questions.

This time I'm trying to install a couple packages off the CD (namely Samba
and Tuxracer).  The program appears to run properly, and the KDE menu is
updated with links to the programs.  The programs themselves, however, never
seem to really get installed.  I checked the /usr/local folder (please
excuse my win9x terminology), and there was no samba folder.  Also, I can't
get into SWAT at http://localhost:901 -- it tries to send a request to my
proxy server instead (I have a proxy on another computer for internet
sharing).  Tuxracer wouldn't do anything when I tried to run it, either.

The Software Manager shows that the programs have been installed properly --
they get moved to the "Installed" tree listing.  Removing them seems normal
too.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

On a similar note, I tried installing the RPM for Imici Messenger, but it
wouldn't let me.  Clicking on the RPM file (imici-0.9.4-1.i386.rpm) gave me
the installer program, but clicking "Next" brought up an error saying that
the package had already been installed.  'Don't know if there's a connection
here or not -- if not, I have two problems I guess.

I'd appreciate, as always, any thoughts and ideas anybody might have.
Thanks for the support so far!

Jeremy

P.S.  While I'm here, could somebody tell me how to check how much drive
space is still free on my hard drive?