When I do a graphical boot into KDE, I have a new pause with the

      NFS statd:

process showing, followed by a brief notification of a fatal error.
Something about UPS monitoring, followed by PANIC.  Then the
boot process finishes.

Yes, I do have UPS (uninterruptable power supply) connected to
this computer, with a USB connection.  Belkin brand.

But I haven't been getting this message until recently -- actually,
the power went out a couple nights ago and I was glad to have
it, allowed a graceful shutdown.

Is there a file I can read, like a boot log?  dmesgs only seems to
have earlier stuff.  Is there any reason I'd be getting this error
message now, but not earlier?  I don't recollect making any
relevant changes.

Clues?

Kirby

PS:  got Samba up and running, though still only know how to turn
it on in SWAT each time.  Don't have daemons booting automatically.
Still, a minor victory -- now I can dink around in Linux without disrupting
Windows users wanting to use printers connected to my machine.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com