On Friday 24 August 2001 10:27 pm, you wrote:
> Recently Galeon stopped working on my Mandrake 8 box. When I start it
> from the command line, I get no error messages of any kind, it just
> doesn't do anything. All of my other browsers, including Mozilla, work
> without any problem.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I may troubleshoot this
> problem?

I had this exact problem a few weeks ago. No messages, just did not work.
It did work for other users, just not me.

renamed the ~/.galeon directory & restarting -- no effect
renamed the ~/.mozilla directory & restarting galeon -- this worked.

try deleting or renaming your ~/.galeon & ~/.mozilla directories

--
Alex

Steve Balmer, CEO of Microsoft, recently referred to LINUX as a cancer.
Unsurprisingly, that's incorrect; LINUX was released on August 25th,
1991 and is therefore a Virgo.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com