Adams, Jamie wrote:
 > That was great, much clearer now, thanks!
 >
 > I would very much like to learn bash programming, any suggestions on
 > good resources?
 >
 > Thanks again.
 >
 > Jamie Adams
 > Housing Assistant
 > ---------------------------------
 > Tel:  (01723) 507543
 > Fax: (01723) 355862

"Learning the Bash Shell", Newham & Rosenblatt (O'Reilly & Associates)

That's numero uno, and it moves from basic bash functions to
programming, and leaves you with a good idea of where to go when you're
done.

Good luck,
Isaac

PS: I'm not pretending to be an expert, I'm actually just tackling this
book as we speak.  I figure a fellow struggler's opinion is valuable in
its own right, though.

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com