hey, im not sure about the motherboard in question, but my next amd machine
will run on a board featuring nvidias new chipset for motherboards. yes,
nvidia the vid card maker....  read an excellent overview in Toms Hardware
Guide,
http://tomshardware.pricegrabber.com/home_catpage.php?catzero=5&ut=400c69278
97f8222
look for an article on "Nforce chipset".  this board is also applicable to
the previous thread concerning pci bus speeds and bandwidth....

definitely a newbie here, i hope this came thru in ascii, i did my best....
anyone with a linux based opinion on that Nforce chipset please respond.....
i can build a machine, but i am still ignorant as to linux, installing
mandrake sometime this week, if all goes well will be adding it to some dual
proc servers and other machines about the house... any comments or warnings
are appreciated as such.

nathan

Go to http://wwww.mandrakestore.com