"FLYNN, Steve" wrote:

> You never will get 56K connections unless you are in laboratory conditions
> and the modem you are connecting to as around 3 feet away.
>
> Dragging back to my BBS days, I seem to recall LAPM is an error correction
> protocol, but as I don't have my USR Courier manual with me, I can't be
> certain. If you're really interested, post your connection string and I'll
> tell you what each bit means...when I dig my manual out, that is!
>
> Steve Flynn
> NOP Data Migration Ops Analyst
> * 01603 687386

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. I understand about 56k connets only happening
under ideal conditions. I'm getting 34667 right now...so shouldn't it be
faster? (and isn't that an odd number!) ;-)

Where can I find the connection string? In kppp's settings?

PS BTW, what BBS were you associated with? I used to own/run and sysop an
Atari based BBS, "The DarkForce! BBS" here in the states, from about 1992 thru
1997...Miss it still... ;-(

--

                                                                 /\
                                                             Dark><Lord