Valerie Cheng wrote:

> Frans,
>
>    Hi. Thanx for your reply. I did the depmod. But it still doesn't work.
> But the messages seems less scary then before : ). This time it says:
>
>          /lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk/misc/snd-card-emu10k1.o: init_module: No such
>device
>          Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including
>invalid IO or IRQ parameters
>          /lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk/misc/snd-card-emu10k1.o: insmod
>/lib/modules/2.4.3-20mdk/misc/snd-card-emu10k1.o failed
>
> So, am I supposed to change the IO or IRQ? How would I do that? Thanx.

I'm surprised but happy for you that the unresolved symbols went away :)

You don't have to specify IO or IRQ since it's a PCI card.

Two thouhts: is there already an (OSS/free) driver loaded? Check with
             '/sbin/lsmod'.
           : make sure 'PNP aware OS installed' or something like that
             is set to 'no' in the BIOS.
           : OK, one more, what's in /etc/modules.conf?

    -Frans