        From:   Joe Brault [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Saturday, September 01, 2001 11:21 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        [newbie] hard drive recognition

        Hello again,

            I apologize for posting this again, but I became extremely busy
after I
        first posted this topic, and I misplaced all emails pertaining to
it... so
        here goes:

            I am having problems getting my second hard drive to be
recognized in
        Linux Mandrake 8.0.  I have a 15GB Maxtor drive (primary drive) and
a 40GB
        Maxtor drive (secondary drive).  My drive can bee seen in the linux
        explorer, but it shows up with a 'default' type of name, and I
cannot see
        any files on it...  I'm wondering how to 'install' this drive in
Linux so I
        can access my files already on the drive?  My system specs are
below.
        Thanks for any help, and feel free to email me personally if you
wish.
        Thanks!

        PIII 667Mhz
        256mb Ram
        Creative CDRW 8x4x32 drive
        Creative 52x Drive
        1.44mb floppy drive
        Sound Blaster Live! Platinum card and drive bay
        NE2k compatible ethernet card
        vodoo 3 3500 TV AGP graphics card

        Dual boot operating systems:  win98 on 7GB partition and LM8.0 on
8GB
        partition.

         << File: message.footer >>

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200