I have been a loyal KMail user since KDE 1. However, I have found myself
increasingly irritated by the growing slowness and bloat of each new release.
KMail in KDE 2.2 is nowhere near as stable as previous releases (which were
rock-solid).

I now yearn for something lighter and faster. Sylpheed looks very promising,
but I find its filters to be very limited compared to KMail's implementation.
What solutions exist for this problem? Would it be viable for me to, say, use
something like Procmail to download and filter my mail, and transparently
access that via a client like Sylpheed?

TIA.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.