>I now yearn for something lighter and faster. Sylpheed looks very promising,
>but I find its filters to be very limited compared to KMail's implementation.
>What solutions exist for this problem? Would it be viable for me to, say, use
>something like Procmail to download and filter my mail, and transparently
>access that via a client like Sylpheed?

Procmail should do a fine job for you. I think there are options in it to make
it deliver mail in MH style (which is what Sylpheed uses).
Otherwise have a look at the Claws branch, which has more extensive filtering
in it. (You should join the sylpheed mailing list to get to know more, get
there through http://sylpheed.good-day.net)
Paul

--
You cannot plan the future by the past.