I have an IBM Deskstar 75GXP 30GB drive which is ATA100 compatible, but I
have a feeling that MDK8.0 is not taking full advantage of this feature.  My
motherboard, an Asus A7A266, also supports this.

A line showed up during installation (might during boot-up too -- haven't
checked) that says ide bus is assumed to be running at 33Mhz, and it gives
some variable name to use for changing it.  Is this what I'm looking for,
and if so, how do I change it?  I'd really like to be able to get it working
right -- Broadcast 2000 is having fits with video capture, and I'm
attributing part of the problem to slow disk access.  (I've clocked the
drive at 29MB/sec in Win).

TIA  Jeremy