-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Dr. Evil
Sent: 07 September 2001 04:21
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] OT: Win XP hacked already

> Tom, other than gaming what uses do you see for Windows? I've been
> looking forward to scrubbing it from my hd's, but your comment gives
> me pause.

As far as I know, for most users, there is no use aside from gaming,
and even for gaming, there are native Linux games, and apparently
quite a few Windows games run under Wine.  The other exception is that
there are quite a few applications that can ONLY run on Windows for
some specific purposes.  Perhaps you need Autocad, or some other
specific app which is Windows only.

But if you're just an ordinary user who surfs the web, does word
processing, this kind of thing, you don't need Windows at all.