From: Rick [Kitty5] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 08 September 2001 10:36
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] OT: Win XP hacked already

> Hi, I would want applications like Dreamweaver UltraDev and to a lesser
> extent PhotoShop before I could comfortably abandon Windows. Someone ought
> bring pressure to bare on Macromedia and thier ilk.

as far as desktop machines go, windows boxes rule the world, Macromedia (or
any other big player) are not going to port their product line until to any
platform until its commercially viable

and then there is going to be pressure for the software to be free, and the
possibility that some clever open source bods will ape the entire product
and give it away - in many ways Linux is a commercial developers nightmare,
damned if you do and damned if you don't

Rick

Kitty5 WebDesign - http://Kitty5.com
POV-Ray News & Resources - http://Povray.co.uk
TEL : +44 (01270) 501101 - FAX : +44 (01270) 251105 - ICQ : 15776037

PGP Public Key