On Sunday 09 September 2001 11:25 am, Naish escribió:
> I've installed Pan 0.10, but it won't work unless I install
> glibc-2.2.3 or newer. I've downloaded 2.2.4 but when i'm installing,
> it downloads glibc-devel-2.2.3 also, and, when it's installing, It
> reports an error: gcc 2.6 has a conflict and glibc(the version I
> have) too. So, I can ignore, but I don't know if all will work after
> this... so, I canceled. What should I do? Uninstall glibc old version
> and then try? or just ignore? or what?

     What always works for me is to d/l the  glibc-2.2.4-2mdk.src.rpm
and do 'rpm --rebuild glibc-2.2.4-2mdk.src.rpm'.  Then upgrade the rpms
that this writes in /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i?86  using 'rpm -Uvh'.  I don't
uninstall the existing glibc first. If this won't work for you you need
to tell us what Mandrake version you're using. I doubt your gcc is 2.6

--
        Tom Brinkman                       Galveston Bay