>This, from a Canadian newspaper, no less, is worth
sharing.

>America: The Good Neighbor.
>

>Widespread but only partial news coverage was given
>recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from
>Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television
>commentator. What follows is the full text of his
>trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional
>Record:
>

>"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the
>Americans as the most generous and possibly the least

>appreciated people on all the earth.
>

>Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and
>Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the
>Americans who poured in billions of dollars and
>forgave other billions in debts. None of these
>countries is today paying even the interest on its
>remaining debts to the United States.
>

>When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it
>was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward

>was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of
>Paris. I was there. I saw it.
>

>When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United

>States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59
>American communities were flattened by tornadoes.
>Nobody helped.
>

>The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped
>billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now
>newspapers in those countries are writing about the
>decadent, warmongering Americans.
>

>I'd like to see just one of those countries that is
>gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar

>build its own airplane. Does any other country in the

>world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the

>Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why
>don't they fly them? Why do all the International
>lines except Russia fly American Planes?
>

>Why does no other land on earth even consider putting

>a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese
>technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about
German
>technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about
>American technocracy, and you find men on the moon -
>not once, but several times and safely home again.
>

>You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs

>right in the store window for everybody to look at.
>Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded.

>They are here on our streets, and most of them,
unless
>they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American

>dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.
>

>When the railways of France, Germany and India were
>breaking down through age, it was the Americans who
>rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the
>New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an
>old caboose. Both are still broke.
>

>I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to

>the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me
>even one time when someone else raced to the
Americans

--- etharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I sware I do NOT have the power to stop any of this.
> We did NOT elect this
> president. I am no more to blame for the things the
> Bush family has
> perpetuated on the world than the farmer in the
> field in Afganistan, only
> trying to feed his family. I have even elected to
> take my own personal "vow
> of poverty" to not accept anything that may have
> been "ill gotten" by my
> people. I am more than willing to remember and
> apologize for the genocide of
> American Idians, (and if reparations are to be
> considered, I would say that
> both White and Black Americans MUST put the
> indeginis people who's land we
> stole and whom the US goverment perpetuated
> Gernocide against FIRST. Then we
> can Apologize for the lesser crime of Slavery. (and
> while I do not thinks
> slavery is a small crime, I believe most folks would
> consider Genocide worse.)
>
> > > that Americans have elected. The American people
> have the power to stop
> > > this
> > > horror, yet they do not exercise it.
> Maybe you could expound on how we could stop it, I
> am ALL ears.
>

> Are you any better than the
> > > 'terrorists'?

=== message truncated ===> Want to buy your Pack or
Services from MandrakeSoft?

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

=====
Jennifer
Registered Linux User #221463
Yahoo IM: jlynn2k
#include <knowledge.h>
void ignorance (it offers no value)
*/A freely given answer can offer enlightment to those who ask valid questions