on 9/14/01 8:55 AM, Paul at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Most people in Europe that do not have access to ADSL or Cable internet (like
> me). Using a phone line already costs money, local phone calls are charged
> between $0.60 and $1.00 per hour (as far as I know)
>
>> What I mean is that the US is not a place where, AFAIK, anyone should
>> have such a problem.

Actually that's not true. Here in Chicago local calls cost by the minute, as
much as 9 cents per minute. This is probably true of New York and LA as
well, but I don't know for sure.

I have a cable modem and cell phone and it's actually cheaper than having a
standard phone line and dial up internet access.

Matt