On Wednesday 12 September 2001 10:28, you wrote:
> Been trying to install Guppi (then I have a few more)
> in order to be able to install gnuCash. I have gotten
> a few previous error messages from ./configure, and
> have then RPMed the missing files/programs and ran
> ./configure again, each time getting further but not
> all the way. But when I search RPM for gnomeConf, I
> find nothing.
>
> The configure message says that gnuConf.sh is
> generated bygnome-libs install.
>
> A thought--gnuCash needs Gnome 1.4, and supposedly
> then needs only a few more programs beyond that. I
> have Gnome installed on Mandrake 8. I tried to find
> out what version of Gnome, but couldn't for sure, but
> the core files for it in the RPM CD say 1.4, so I
> assumed that I was alright???
>
> Does Mandrake 8 come with Gnome 1.4, and what do I do
> about this configure message about gnome.Conf.sh?
>
> Help!

Hi Peter,
Yesterday I downloaded and installed the followings rpms from
ftp://ftp.gnucash.org/pub/

g-wrap-1.1.10-2.i686.rpm
gnucash-1.6.1-1.i586.rpm
guile-1.4-12mdk.i586.rpm
guile-devel-1.4-12mdk.i586.rpm
Guppi-0.35.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
libguppi11-0.35.5-1mdk.i586.rpm
slib-2d2-1.noarch.rpm
umb-scheme-3.2-17mdk.i586.rpm

They installed fine with no dependency problems but unfortunately I
haven't managed to get GnuCash to run.  I get the following error:

ERROR: no such module (g-wrapped gw-runtime)

Maybe if you downloaded the abovementioned rpms you might have more luck
with running the app.  Good luck.

skinky