        From:   Christian Dysthe [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Wednesday, September 12, 2001 5:53 PM
        To:     Mandrake Newbie
        Subject:        [newbie] How to avoid a "sound queue"

        Hi,

        I have my e-mail client set to play a sound when mail is received.
This is
        done using the "play soundfile &" command. The problem is that if I
have
        another program running using the sound card, i.e. RealPlayer or
xmms, sounds
        from the mail client is lined up and all of them are played as soon
as I exit
        the other program. I then get an "endless" line of "you've got mail"
sounds
        played. Quite annoying.

        How could I fix this?

        TIA

        --
        Kind Regards,
        Christian Dysthe

           "Happiness is good health and bad memory"
                                                              Ingrid Bergman

         << File: message.footer >>

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200