Hello!

    Have followed Mandrake's rapid progress since 7.0 and now use 8.0 (waiting for 8.1) It's a real joy trying to keep up.

A friend was also in on the 7.x series, but went back to the 'Evil Empire' after failing to get his PPoE/ ADSL internet connection configured.

Kernel 2.4.x now has PPoE support, so a connection wizard like the excellent one for modem/ISDN/LAN connections doesn't seem so unlikely.

If I could convince my friend of easy PPoE setup we'd have him back in no time  (he's just tried XP and doesn't like it).

Marius