Civlime (and other hardware experts),

We've had some discussion about mobos and chipsets over the last couple
of months.

I'm looking at a new box and am considering these two configurations
from Cyclox Computers (www.cyclox.com)

Both are AMD Socket A boards with 266 mhz FSB, ATX form factor.

1. Asus w/AliM1647 Northbridge/Ali M1535D Southbridge chipset. You had
spoken positively about this combo in the past.

2. Iwill w/RAID (apparently the KA266-R mobo). This mobo uses the Ali
MagiK 1 Chipset (Ali M11647 and M1535D - the same as the Asus board) and
the AMI 80649 RAID Chip.

If we assume that Iwill can make a good board (anybody using their
stuff?) that since it uses the same chipset as the Asus mobo, it will
past muster. What about the RAID controller and what are your general
thoughts about going to a RAID configuration?

Thanks.

Terry Smith
Woods Hole, MA