On Monday 17 September 2001 08:49, Bill R wrote:
> This is what I use. Im in the central standard time.
>
> rdate -s clock-1.cs.cmu.edu && hwclock --systohc

hmmm, both those commands insisted on being run as root before they would do
anything on my system.  Connecting as root is a Bad Idea (tm). So I put them
in a little shell script that I run with kdesu. Seems to work.

--
Michel Clasquin, D Litt et Phil (Unisa)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/unisa.ac.za   http://www.geocities.com/clasqm

"An intellectual is someone who has discovered something more
interesting than sex" - Aldous Huxley