SAMBA is the key to all this, and probably worthwhile to join that
mailinglist as the instructions probably go beyond the scope here.

If you go it alone, here's a good troubleshooter:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/samba.htm

I've got Samba happily connecting 98/95 and linux, and although it's a bit
more processor intensive than the nfs connection between the linux
computers, it does provide xfer speeds in excess of 500KB/s on a 10BT net.