Paul Rodríguez wrote:
> Ooops, not a PCMCIA card.  That's why it seemed so confusing, I was
> reading bogus information.  My 5.25" is more like an ISA or AGP slot (on
> the back instead of side) and only 3" long.  I think it is called a
> 34-pin edge connector.  WHat is this and can I get some sort of adapter?

Paul,

I assume that you are talking about the connector on the drive?  And it
looks like a printed circuit board with 17 copper traces on the top and
17 copper traces on the bottom, and a slot cut between the 2nd and 3rd
trace from one end?

I suspect that what you have is the "old style" standard floppy disk
connector, for which you need an "old style" floppy disk cable.

There was also a period of time when floppy cables were made with both
types of connectors, and there were also adapters made.

I don't know where you live, but a computer store with something of a
"hobbyist" slant should certainly be able to help you.

Hope this helps,
Randy Kramer