s wrote:

> On Saturday 22 September 2001 12:08 am,  Paul Rodríguez wrote:
> > I believe the Sound Blaster Live! card is supposed to work out of the
> > box in Mandrake 8.0, is this right?  What I mean by this is installing a
> > new system with Mandrake 8, it would auto detect my SB Live! (i think).
> > If this is the case what do I do to get mandrake to recognize the card
> > *after* I have already installed the os?
> >
> > -Paul Rodríguez
>
> Just make sure kudzu or hardware detection is turned on in services before
> you shut down to install.  As an alternative, you might try sndconfig after
> booting.
> -s

Hi Paul. Hi s. ;-)

Here, under my setup, when using the graphical logon, I had to drop to a
shell, and run "kudzu" as root to detect new hardware.

Now, since I don't do a graphical logon (I've got a Nvidia Geforce, and kdm
kills 3D accel.), kudzu kicks in automagically.

Just a thought...

PS Do run sndconfig, it should set u right up.

--

                                                                 /\
                                                             Dark><Lord