Hi

I installed a few security updates via Mandrake Update to my MDK 8.0 system
over the weekend.  One of them was an updated xinted.  All seemed to go
well.

Tonight I found the need to telnet to my machine, and couldnt, no telnet
service.  I tracked it down to the fact that xinetd wasnt running.  Further
investigation found that the binary in /usr/sbin was called xinetd-<version
number> and not just plain xinetd.

Renaming it now has it starting up again from cold boot.

Anyone else come across this, or is it old hat?

--
  O     Dave Naylor     [ It's something unpredictable but ]
 <|>                    [  in the end is right, I hope you ]