Steve Borrett wrote:
> The ISO image you downloaded should be bootable already, you don't
> have to do anything extra to make it bootable, other than hold down the "c"
> key to force the Mac to boot from CD.
> So simply burn the ISO image to a cd, using Toaster or similar, and reboot with
> CD 1 in the drive.

Well, you have to be careful.  There are actually to ways you can burn
the iso onto a CD.  One way just puts a copy of the iso file on the CD
(which will not be bootable), the other way burns it so it is a
duplicate of the original CD (or whatever) -- individual files are
accessible, and the disk is bootable.

I'm not sure of the proper terminology, or of the proper way to do it in
all programs.

In Easy CD-Creator, under Windows, you must use the menu choice "Create
CD from disc image" and then specify the proper image file.  Easy
CD-Creator can work from an iso file or their proprietary image file --
I can't remember the extension, but it is the default.

Hope this helps,
Randy Kramer