I have not once, with the exception of files on the
CDs, been able to download and install files without
difficulty. Partly, it has simply been because I
didn't know how, but it seems that even when I try to
build on my painfully acquire experience, or follow
the directions given (which seem to vary from one to
the next) it never works. I've even found that half of
the RPMs I try don't work (tell me that the file
already exists when it doesn't).

The latest is a plug-in for audio and vidio streaming
called Plugger. I downloaded it and printed out the
instructions for re-compile (make), "install in your
own directory" and "install globally.

"Make" returns a message that says its not necessary.
"cp plugger.so to my directory seems to work (although
I'm not sure, I simply did not get any error from the
command line after doing it). But when I try to read
files on the Web, it still tells me that I need this
file in order to view.

Very frustrating--one problem after another.

=====
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."  ---  Albert
Einstein