I've seen this a few times, and I can't remember what caused it.  I'll check
through my notes when I get home.

Do you get the same information if you type:

su -

You really should use that instead of just su.  With the "-" in there, it
loads that users environment.  If you just do a su, it still uses your
environment.  (i.e. ~/.bashrc, ~/.bash_profile, ~/.aliases, etc;)

Try that, and I'll get back with you when I find out what causes it.
tdh

--
T. Holmes

Uptime:
 3:46PM  up 8 days,  2:48, 4 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00