i just did the install, new format of all partitions except home, added the
user and ran it.  and i have serious problems....

i have only been playing a few hours so this could change, but:

for one thing my usb mouse works just fine and for the first time with any of
7 different distros i have tried i didn't have to tweak x in any way at all.
no additional resolutions, no font deuglification, nothing.  right outta the
box (so to speak) no troubles.

for another it was the fastest install yet, even though it is bigger and i
installed more of it!  please stop this, it should install for litterally
days like win 2000 did.

i have also had no trouble at all configuring any of my software over and
above what came with 8.1 and the new kde is wonderful.  so far even the
custom stuff i used to cause all sorts of trouble with runs fine.  this is
very upsetting.

the good news is the size.  by the time i install everything i want to play
with i will need a new hardrive.  also the supermount thing is good since it
never gave me any trouble and now i will have to figure out how to run it.

i would prefer it if we could make the install more like win 2000 so half my
stuff won't work till i argue with it.  thank you.

--
"... and if you drown, die knowing you were headed for the shore." -from
farenheight 451

shane
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mystic-light.net/personal/
Proud to be a DMOZ editor since 10-98
http://dmoz.org cause humans do it better!
Link different.
Profile at: http://dmoz.org/profiles/shen.html

--
Microsoft: Writing viruses has never been easier!