if you have the space you could always mount the isos, copy the files to a
directory on a partition that you don't need to mount during the install, use
the paths on each of the cd's i.e. create RPMS and RPMS2 etc under
.../Mandrake and put the appropriate files there, if that doesn't work you
could try installing with all the rpms coppied to ..../Mandrake/RPMS, i would
suggest not choosing a mount point for the partition with the files on during
install as it is temporarily mounted by the boot floppy and this seems to
confuse the installation later on, at least under 8.0 freq it did, i do feel
Mandrake could be clearer about how to do installs using the hd boot floppy
with more than one iso file, if this doesn't work you could look at trying to
download the files from the ../i586/base directory on the ftp servers that
have the distribution in non iso form, i believe this is the directory that
has the info about the list of rpms and what directory they are in.

clear? because i think i've confused myself!

bascule