hi
hoping someone on the list in australia can help me

im just trying to replace my web based email address (this one) with my email address
from big pond and use evolution but i have added the line
 search vic.bigpond.net.au
to etc/resolve.conf as per the excellent tutorial on getting connected to adsl here>
http://eastwood.apana.org.au/Misc/adsl-bigpond.html

but when i add the server names using the wizards in evolution, it goes okay too until
i finish and try to send/receive new mail..the i get errors like "ėrror unable to
connect to pop-server.bigpond.net.au (port 995): operation now in progress" and "error
while Fetching Mail: unable to connect to POP server error sending username: unknown
domain"

what am i missing?
TIA

mikecola

"...Who's the big winner tonight...?  Mikey!  Mikey wins!  Mikey's the big
winner...!"- Trent "Double Down" (Vince Vaughn)
www.pherell.com TECHNO melbourne style. heard it yet? mike thinks you should

Your Lowrider Community...     http://www.lowrider.com
Your Personalized Page Start Page...     http://my.lowrider.com