Hi all,

I was wondering if the kernel mentioned in the header avoides the local root
exploit that was found in 2.2 and 2.4 kernels recently, also the symlink Dos
hack. were fixed in this cooker kernel...

The docs I read said that 2.4.12 was not affected by this, (although someone
pointed out that there was an effected 2.4.12 somewhere but unproved.)

Also, what does the enterprise signify? I used to use mdksecure kernels in
mdk7.2 is this what replaced them?

Also, is anyone using the 2.4 12 kernel from cooker and has it been
problematic????

I might give it a go anyway, see if it helps with memory usage and such...

rgds

Frank