I installed Mosfet's Liquid rendering engine (very cool, makes menus semi
transparent ala macOSX). It works great except one feature was not available
and never being satisfied I decided to experiment a bit.

I launched the kde program kcmshell from a terminal just to see if I could
find out anything. I suppose this is a sensitive program as now a lot of
things in kde are all messed up. File associations are lost (I cant just open
anything, I have to select the program to open it with), directories won't
open, konqueror won't launch, and the kde control panel is completely empty.
Not so good :)

Is it simple to just remove all kde rpms and then reinstall them, or upgrade
them?

Is there any way to tell kde to just revert to all its defaults? I'm running
Mandrake 8.1 with KDE 2.2.1.

Matt
who should learn to respect his boundaries :)