Gidday Dechao

You could try to get hold of a copy of nortons utilities for mac.
When I started my current job, they had  lost a Mac server harddrive (and didn't have
it backed up) and I rebuilt it using nortons.
It was tediuous, I had to run it many many times before I got 99% of the data back.
It would run for a while, fix a few errors and then appear to lock up. Reboot, try
again, get a bit further etc..

Another way would be to buy some data recovery software from somewhere like
www.lc-tech.com (I'm sure there are others)
I used their software 3 years ago when windoze lost a whole pile of data (that also
wasn't backed up). It wasn't able to rebuild the directory tree but managed to get
the data ok (It was a bit expensive)

Isn't there a second FAT (on all discs that use FAT)? Somewhere I recall reading
something about it and a way of (or tool for)  replacing the first table with the
second, but I've no chance of remembering where. :-{ Sorry.

As I'm a newbie with Linux, I haven't come across anything in this area.

Hope this helps
Max

Dechao Wang asked on Friday, October 19