> Randy Sweeten wrote:
>
> I can't boot Linux due to the error
> request_module[block-major-7]: Root fs not found
>
> I'm runnng Linux4Win.  Linux 7.2, I think.
>
> I've discovered that the Linux.bat file references "7", which I think is part of
>this error. It
> is supposed to be described in the file devices.txt, found with the kernal
>documentation.
>
> Can sombody send me a copy of this file?  Maybe it will help.

Excerpt from that file:

  7 char        Virtual console capture devices
                  0 = /dev/vcs          Current vc text contents
                  1 = /dev/vcs1         tty1 text contents
                 63 = /dev/vcs63        tty63 text contents
                128 = /dev/vcsa         Current vc text/attribute contents
                129 = /dev/vcsa1        tty1 text/attribute contents
                191 = /dev/vcsa63       tty63 text/attribute contents

                NOTE: These devices permit both read and write access.

    block       Loopback devices
                  0 = /dev/loop0        First loopback device
                  1 = /dev/loop1        Second loopback device

                The loopback devices are used to mount filesystems not
                associated with block devices.  The binding to the
                loopback devices is handled by mount(8) or losetup(8).

</excerpt>

So I think 'request_module[block-major-7]: Root fs not found' means
something like : I'm trying to mount the root filesystem via the
loopback device with block-major 7 device number. Maybe someone on
the list can tell you more when you send your Linux.bat file. HTH,

    -Frans