I have installed LM8 on a Compaq server doing a custom install so that I would not
overwrite/delete the Compaq system partition.  The system partition for those not
using Compaq equipment houses the configuration and utilities.  My biggest mistake
(made by not reading/preparing enough<grin>) was installing lilo in the mbr.  With
lilo in the mbr, the Compaq system partition is not accessible.

My question is, of course, how do I change the lilo boot method to the boot partition
instead of the mbr.  I must use dos fdisk to correct the mbr in order to enable the
system partition.

Jim Saville