|-----Original Message-----

---

Yes, so normally I wait until I have collected a couple of empty
cartridges, then when I go to insert a new cartridge, I "reset" the old
ones, and restore the new cartridge into the printer when I am done.

BTW: I talked to someone at the web page you posted.

Their software attempts to reset the chips directly through a cleaver
technique...

---

|2: Is this enough to warrant starting a new thread to would
|warn everyone
|on the list to not buy printers with the anti-refill chips?

The printer manufacturers claim that refills utilize sub standard
equipment, etc.

I've worked with many pro printing houses who would take great issue
with the claims of the big companies. Photographic reviews bear out the
complaints that it's the big companies (such as Epson) who are resorting
to sub standard inks to lower costs, etc.

As such I personally abhor printers without either VERY deep wells, or
the ability to be refilled, as it's the end user who is getting taken.

I'll stay away from any ink based printer which cannot be refilled,
UNLESS the refills are so cheap that there is no point.

I'd doubt that I'd even bother if Epson were selling the cartridges for
11.00/each (which they can afford to do given their actual 2-3.00
manufacturing cost!!!!)

-JMS