I don't think designing sites that don't work in IE is the answer. I
also don't think designing sites that are 100% cross-browser compatible is
really an answer either. Microsoft has done a lot to ensure that certain
things only  work or work better with their products. To combat this, if
anyone cares to combat this, a better product or service is need in each
instance. For example, IE owns the browser market for one reason. It is
simply better. Yes it has problems. It has a lot of problems but overall, it
IS the best browser available for Windows users which happen to make up a
large share of computer users.
        I primarily use Linux and on Linux I like Mozilla. I'm using .9.4 and
it works great. With each new release, it only gets better. Or at least that
is what I hear... haven't been able to get .9.5 to run yet but that's my own
fault. Back to the point.... If those who are passionate about Linux and the
Linux way of life, do something to show your support. Contribute to the cause
in any way that you can.
        If you use Mozilla, and you find a problem with it, let the
developers know of the problem. They can't test everything themselves and if
you point out it's flaws, in a constructive way, that will assist them in
making it far superior to Internet Exploiter.
        It's not quite a level field that we play on, but it's getting
better. Two years ago I struggled to get any distro installed. Today I can
slap a cd in the drive and have my choice of a variety of distros running in
under 30 minutes. The installation process had greatly improved. The wealth
of applications have improved accross the board. More and more people are
turning to Linux, not just as an operating system, but as a way of life. I
use it because it's open, not because it's free.
        Just think where Linux would be if only half of the dollars spent on
Windows development was spent inproving Linux and Linux apps.... it's just a
matter of time really.... Windows has been to the top of the mountain... they
are there now... but the edge is ever closer... and the end is ever
nearer..... the penguin is coming, and the empire will crumble. Not because
of the government or any court case, but because of the will of the people.
The MS way of thinking "If you can make it good, make it look good" can only
last so long.
        The truth is, MS products are more looks than substance and that
shall be their downfall.

-Gary