Kumusta pare?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Dear Sir/Madam:
>

>Good day!
>
>I am an avid gamer and I plan to migrate to Linux. The Windows upgrade is
>too steep and the product requires me to upgrade my computer hardware as
>well. I am sad that I have to pay expensive licenses and hardware for
>Windows XP only to get an operating system that is technically inferior and
>buggy compared to the rock-solid performance and cost savings of Linux. I
>have been looking at the other Linux distros and based on my research:
>
>Linux Mandrake 8.1 is the solution for me.
>
>Is it? To begin with, I have several questions:
>
>1. Will Mandrake 8.1 run on my system?
>AMD-K6-2-500
>64MB RAM
>SIS 530 on-board AGP 2x 8MB video RAM
>ES-SOLO on-board sound card
>Does Mandrake support the drivers for my devices?

Drivers are rarely a problem on any Linux, especially for older devices.
There's almost always something out there, not to worry.

>2. Is Mandrake 8.1 vulnerable to viruses such as CIH or BIOS-infecting
>viruses? Are there any antivirus software for Mandrake?

Haven't heard of any real BAD ones yet...even on this list.

>3. Will Mandrake 8.1 run on a 486DX2 33mhz with 16MB RAM? One of Linux'
>strengths is running on old computer systems. Will Mandrake give a new lease
>of usable life to my old system?

If you plan on using heavy window managers like KDE, I doubt that if
a 486 would have enough juice to even be productive.

The best use for that machine would be a server, or a firewall.

>4. I plan to use some legacy Windows programs (Office, Quicken, etc.) on
>Mandrake. What Windows emulator would you recommend for Mandrake? Will WINE
>work for me? How about Win4Lin? I also wish to play my Windows games with
>Linux until such time when Linux ports for these games have been released.

Many programs run on WINE, but personally, I haven't had success with
bigger programs like MS Office and even MS Works.

>5. Is there a virtual-cd program for Mandrake? Some games require me to have
>the cd on the drive while playing. In Windows, I use a virtual-cd program to
>create a virtual cd that resides on my hard drive. This lets me run games
>without reshuffling the cds on my drive. Any programs on Mandrake similar to
>this?
>
>6. Can I run servers for Unreal Tournament, Quake III, Half-Life, and
>Counter-Strike simultaneously with Mandrake, while at the same time acting
>as a file-and-print sharing computer on the network? Will it crash or live
>up to the legend of Linux as a crash-proof server OS?

Many gaming centers around Katipunan and Greenhills are using Linux pare.

>7. I live in the Philippines. How can I purchase Mandrake 8.1 Powerpack from
>my area? Do you have a reseller in my country or do I have to order directly
>from you? Can I be a dealer for Linux Mandrake in my area?

WOOOHOOOOO......suportahan taka!!!

www.edsamail.com